Colorado Big Game Units: 1, 2, 201, 211, 3, 301, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12 & 13
With over a million and a half acres of public land, Northwest Colorado is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. A large big game population and a remarkably high success rate make Moffat County the best place for Colorado trophy hunting.
There is a reason that Moffat County is called the Elk Hunting Capital of the World. Two of North America’s largest migratory elk herds are found here, along with Mule Deer and Pronghorn populations that offer many harvesting opportunities. Moffat County also provides an abundance of small game, giving young hunters a wonderful way to experience this heritage.
For more information on how and where to obtain a hunting license, please visit Colorado Hunting Regulations brochures. Additional hunting information and maps can be found at CWP Interactive Hunting Atlas or Colorado Parks & Wildlife.
2017 Colorado Big Game Hunting Seasons:
- August 15-31 Pronghorn (Bucks Only)
- Aug 29-Sept 27 Deer/Elk
- Sept 1-20 Pronhorn (Either Sex)
- Sept 12-27 Moose
- Sept 12-20 Deer/Elk/Moose
- Sept 21-29 Pronghorn
- Oct 1-14 Moose
- Oct 3-9 Pronghorn
- Oct 10-14 Separate Limited Elk (First Season)
- Oct 17-25 Combined Deer/Elk (Second Season)
- Oct 31-Nov 8 Combined Deer/Elk (Third Season)
- Nov 11-15 Combined Deer/Elk (Fourth Season)